Thursday, July 15, 2010

ADDING NEW WRINKLES EACH AND EVERYDAY

I’ve always had a thirst for knowledge. Each and everyday that I live I like to learn something new. You know so I can add another wrinkle to my brain! But it’s true. I don’t care how small it is, or how trivial, I want to learn something new everyday. I believe just by living with our dogs that we can gain so much knowledge by watching their actions and how they try to figure things out. They live in their own special world with their own special coping techniques sometimes very different from yours and mine, but yet sometimes very similar even though less complicated than ours.

So what did I learn yesterday? Well I received some nice e-mails from people about my article entitled “SQUISH.” Kathy shared her thoughts with those on my e-mail list (The German Shepherd Dog Showcase) about what I wrote and how it applied to her angel child Kaitlyn. She’s a good writer and knows how to put into words the most heartfelt of expressions that only a mother could feel. Then there is my friend “Ms. Diane.” Seems I caused “Ms. Diane” to have laughed harder than she has in her entire life (her quote). Wow……I was responsible for that?!?! In your whole entire life???? In my rush to get my blog out yesterday, she caught a major blunder…..well to the meaning of the sentence anyway…..when I said, that “My life is no (bowel) of cherries.” It should have read “My life is no bowl of cherries.” Diane didn’t want me to change it and asked that I leave it that way. I guess she thought it added some kind of character to the sentence. Well I kept it that way most of the day, but my fragile ego got in the way, and sorry Diane, I had to change it. But be on the lookout…….just knowing that I can add laughter to someone’s life will make be strive to make some more of those “blunders” for entertainment purposes only! I do aim to please!

So I came across this list of thought provoking questions (and I’m adding a few of my own as well) and changed it to reflect our dogs and the people who love them. Here goes:

1. What type of penalty would you want someone to receive if someone killed a stranger’s dog, but saved your dogs life the month before?
2. What’s the most expensive dog that you ever bought? Was it worth it? Was he the best dog you ever owned?
3. Is it ever good to lie to someone about the quality of their dog or lack of if he’s just a child asking the question?
4. Stealing is immoral, right? But what if stealing was the only way to feed a starving dog?
5. If someone could tell you the exact day and time that your dog was going to die, would you want them to tell you?
6. If you found out you were going to die today, would you have any regrets? Would you be happy with the way you spent the last 24 hours of your life?
7. What’s your single greatest moment in the ownership of your dogs?
8. Have you ever discriminated against someone because they were a newbie or they really weren’t all that bright?
9. If you could be given another talent or ability besides being in the sport and breeding of the German Shepherd Dog what would you want it to be?
10. When you help someone in the breed do you ever think, “What’s in it for me?
11. Are you willing to sacrifice the life of your dog to support a war?
12. In this breed if you are a new person, do you ask enough questions, or do you settle for what you know?
13. Pertaining to the sport, breeding or ownership of dogs, if you could do it all over again, would you change anything?
14. If your life with your dogs was a novel, what would be the title and how would your story end?
15. When you pass away, do you think that people will take up donations in your memory and put an ad in the Review?
16. When the next great book about the German Shepherd Dog is written, will your name be among its pages?
17. Do people like you OR respect you?
18. Will you be remembered in the breed for having “talked the talk” or for “having walked the walk?”

So there you have it. Short and sweet although I think very thought provoking. I can’t wait to hear what some of you have to say. I’m looking forward to adding a few new wrinkles to my brain today. Gee, when you look at it that way, so many of you are deeply imbedded in my brain and I carry you everywhere I go. Yikes, some of that is a good thing and others I wish would take a hike on over to someone else’s brain!!!!


My rating: Knowledge is good: (4), Be careful what you ask for: (1 - 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment