Tuesday, July 13, 2010

THE NATURAL HOLISTIC APPROACH

I’ve decided that there has got to be a better way of doing things in this life. I’m tired of all the medicines that the doctors throw at us to make us dependent on using them so that the medical community continues to get rich off of my aches, pains and ailments. So just yesterday I started using the apple cider vinegar method to treat my acid reflux. So today is day two of swallowing this yucky tasting, gag inducing cocktail. I’ll let you know if it’s worth it. But if something so inexpensive sits in my kitchen cabinet and it works, you better believe I’m going to try it. The same thing holds true for my dogs. I try to use natural or holistic products to take care of them as well.

For the last two summers I have been using Lavender Essential Oil for flea and tick prevention. I no longer use Frontline or any of those other poisons. So far, I haven't found any ticks on my dogs. I put a few drops in a small spray bottle and mix it with water. I spray them every day when they go outside.

I try to feed my dogs the best food that I can afford using natural or holistic blends of ingredients. I already use a natural ingredient supplement (Vibrant Pets) and now I want to use natural or holistic skin and coat products as well. One line of products that I came across seems to fit this bill. Some breeder show people have mentioned to me that they use these products and they love what they do for their dog’s skin and coat and adore the smell. So I did some investigation into the line and will share some of their products here with you. The company's name is EARTHBATH.

EARTHBATH ALL NATURAL OATMEAL AND ALOE SHAMPOO. My friend swears by this product. Oatmeal and aloe are recommended by veterinarians to effectively combat skin irritation, promote healing, and re-moisturize dry skin. Combine these natural wonders with vanilla and almond oils and your dog will smell as good as she feels and looks. This product is recommended for dogs that have allergies or sensitive skin.

* Totally natural pet care, 100-percent bio-degradable and cruelty free
* Soap-free shampoo
* Heavenly-scented
* Safe, gentle and effective

EARTHBATH ALL NATURAL MANGO TANGO SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER IN ONE - great product for those of you that like a shampoo and conditioner in one. I am told that this smells yummy!

* Totally natural pet care, 100-percent bio-degradable and cruelty free
* Soap-free shampoo
* Heavenly-scented
* Safe, gentle and effective

EARTHBATH ALL NATURAL CREME RINSE AND CONDITIONER - shine enhancing conditioner that effectively enriches and revives a pet's coat. The addition of colloidal oatmeal helps remoisturize soothe skin too.

For those of you that like to add Salmon Oil to your dog's food for his coat, here are two that come highly recommended. I haven't used either one of these products but this is what I found out about them.

GRIZZLY SALMON OIL ALL-NATURAL...# 100-percent pure salmon oil derived from wild Alaskan Salmon
# Supports a healthy coat, heart, and immune system
# Contains 15+ Omega 3, Omega 6, and Arachidonic fatty acids
# 32-ounce pump bottle for convenient, mess-free dispensing

ALASKAN BEAR TREATS ALL NATURAL WILD-ALASKAN SALMON OIL....

* Produced from 100-percent pure wild Alaskan salmon and rosemary extract for maintaining a dog's health
* No artificial preservatives, coloring, or fillers
* Premium source of Omega-3 fatty acids for a healthy heart, coat, joints, and more
* Metered pump dispenser makes it easy to apply the oil to food
* Packaged to ensure fresh aroma and great taste

Someone sent me a link to this line of natural dog treat products. I admit I never tried them for my dogs yet, but more and more I've been noticing that dog food companies are putting fruit and vegetables in their products. The reviews on these dog treats seem to be positive.

FRUITABLES ALL-NATURAL PUMPKIN & BANANA DOG TREAT -

* A hint of Banana in the fresh pumpkin muffin aroma, rich in vitamin B6, manganese and potassium, a treat your dog will go Ape over!
* Made in the USA & Free of Wheat, Corn, Soy, By-Products, Artificial Ingredients/Preservatives
* The highest natural level of Beta-Carotenes in treats, providing immunity boosting antioxidants
* CalorieSmart® - only 7.4 calories per treat, high fiber and great taste
* Each 8.4 oz carton contains six (6) 1.41 oz fresh pack pouches

So there you have it. These are just a few of the many different natural or holistic products on the market. I hope to be able to review more in the future and look forward to your feedback on these products or others that you use and like.


My rating: natural and holistic products: (4)

4 comments:

  1. Dogs fed a prey-model diet don't need supplements, or any "special" bath products, et al.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use Acai juice and it has lowered my blood pressure so that I no longer use any Rx. In fact it is slightly below average.
    For our dogs we use Neem oil in their natural shampoo. It is a natural oil from tree's and the bugs don't seem to care for it. It also got rid of our Bozwell's sarcoptic mites. A spoon of diatomaceous earth (food grade) on occasion keeps the intestinal track clean due to its abrasiveness. All good natural remedies.
    As to our lifestyle here on the mountain, check out the next edition of Mother Earth News coming out the end of next week. We have a feature article in it complete with photo's. Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bruce, what does that Acai juice taste like? Yup, many breeders use diatomaceous earth and swear by it. In fact many people tell me they take it as well. I've got to find a place that sells the Mother Earth magazine. Congratulations once again for getting published!!!!

    P.S. I still don't get your blog sent to me everyday (or any days) and I've signed up for it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara: I'll have Carol see what the problem is on the blog and get you signed up. Acai actually tastes pretty good. I take one ounce a day. That DE can be mixed right in the dogs food. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete